Prof. Mazzucato helped develop and is currently teaching in the newly accredited MA Globalisation and Development Studies. She engages in the following:
- Teaching the course ‘Transnational Migrant Networks and Flows’ which focuses on a transnational approach to the study of migrants in receiving countries, their ties with their home countries and relationships within transnational networks. The course also teaches about in-depth interview techniques through hands-on exercises and reflexivity in research through the analysis of migrant films.
- Lecturing in the courses: ‘Research Methods in Globalisation and Development’; Globalisation and Poverty: A Connected World’; ‘Theories and Histories of Globalisation and Development’.
- Supervising MA theses on the topic of migration.
Prof. Mazzucato is currently heading a university-wide inter-faculty initiative to develop a new interdisciplinary BSc in Global Studies.
- Teaching honours classes to groups of 5 students, each year on a different topic relating to transnational migration
- Guest lecturing in various bachelor and master programs within Maastricht University
- Supervising PhD candidates
- Externally examining PhD candidates internationally and within the Netherlands.