Please note: new students only!
UM SPORTS, Maastricht University’s sports department, offers you a one-month try out of our sports programme without any obligations. In September, you can try out our sports programme five times FOR FREE. For example, you can join a group class (Box-It, Zumba, Yoga, Spinning, etc.) or a ball game practice (Indoor Soccer, Volleyball, Unihockey, etc.), workout yourself in the gym, go squashing or participate in tryouts of the student sports associations.
Do you want to use this special offer? This is only possible if you are a first-year student. Below you can read how to get a Try Five membership and how to register for sports activities.
- How to get a Try Five membership
- How to register for sports activities
- Overview of Try Five activities
If you have any questions, please contact umsports[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl.
Guided tours University Sports Centre
Would you (rather) have a look inside the University Sports Centre first? Then sign up now for a free guided tour!
Instructions on how to become a Try Five member
- Go to www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/myusc and log in with your UM account (in the top right corner you will find ‘Login’). Zuyd and other students choose 'external account'.
- Choose the tab 'MyUSC'.
- Go to 'My memberships'.
- Choose 'Buy membership'.
- Select the 'Try Five' membership and click 'Pay' (you do not have to pay anything).
You are now ready to register for activities!
Zuyd students and students from other higher education institutions
Do you study at Zuyd University or another higher education institution, such as the MSM, E3, Notenboom or Fontys? Then we need a proof of registration to create an account for you.
Please email the following information to umsports[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl:
- First name + surname
- E-mail address
- Name of educational institution
- Photo of proof of registration with your details (e.g. a photo/print screen from Studielink)
We will then create an account so you can log in to our reservation system MyUSC. After you have received your account details from us, you follow the same steps as UM students.
Yes, I want to try the UM SPORTS programme for FREE!
Please follow the steps above to create your free Try Five membership.
How do I register for a sports activity?
As soon as you have 'purchased' your Try Five membership in MyUSC, you can register for sports activities. Note: to participate in an activity, registration is necessary! Registration opens 7 days before the start of the activity. You can register in our online registration system MyUSC. There you can also find the schedule of all sports activities in the University Sports Centre.
Register for activities of a student sports association
Do you want to participate in an activity of a student sports association? Please contact the association first. A number of sports associations train on external sports fields, therefore their practices are not always scheduled in MyUSC.
Overview of Try Five activities
Rules of play
- You can use this Try Five deal from 30 August - 30 September 2021.
- You need to register for each activity you want to participate in. Keep in mind that sports activities have a limited capacity.
- You can find planned activitities in MyUSC or via a student sports association.
- You can make use of this special offer once.
- This offer is free from obligations, you do not have to purchase a membership afterwards.
- This offer is only for first-year students from Maastricht University and other higher education institutions.