2. Upload your documents in MyUM
After you register in Studielink for a bachelor's programme, you will receive an email from Maastricht University (UM) within 24 hours. This email contains your personal student number and a password. You can use this information to access the MyUM portal. This is UM’s intranet, which prospective and current students use for all university-related administration.
Follow the steps below to complete your registration
- Go to MyUM
- Log in with your student number and password
- Click on the button ‘upload documents’
- Upload the documents required for your programme
- Log out
Please note: If you accidently upload a wrong document in the MyUM portal, you can no longer remove it from your digital file. However, you can still upload the right document, but this does not replace the incorrect one. UM judges which documents are right.
Documents required for all programmes
For all programmes, you will need to submit the following documents:
- A recent passport picture. This must satisfy certain requirements.
- A copy of your valid passport. Scan the page with your personal details and save it as ‘passport copy’ (not ‘passport picture’)
- A copy of your latest grades transcript or diploma.
Additional documents depending on admission requirements
Depending on the programme you are applying to, you may need to submit additional documents. You can find out more on the programme’s admission requirements page. You may be asked to provide, for example:
- a certificate from a language exam
- a translation of your diploma and/or grades transcript if the originals are not in Dutch, English, German or French
certificates for other required courses or tests.
The permitted formats are .doc, .docx, .pdf and (for the copy of your passport and passport photo) .jpg or .jpeg. Each file can be a maximum of 10 MB.
The overview with additional subject requirements for non-Dutch prospective students for academic year 2018/19 will be published as soon as possible.