You can easily create scientific posters in accordance with the house style guidelines using a PowerPoint layout grid/template, which is available in two different quadrants:
- quadrant 1 is applicable to most university units, including all UM faculties
- quadrant 2 (A brand) is applicable to most of the university divisions that present themselves as A brands in combination with UM, e.g. CAPHRI, CARIM, NUTRIM, MHENS
For more information you can consult the chapter 'Quadrant model and branding'.The posters can be made in portrait or landscape formats:
- A4 (210 x 297 mm)
- A3 (297 x 420 mm)
- A2 (420 x 594 mm)
- A1 (594 x 840 mm)
- A0 (840 x 1188 mm)
There are four different versions available in A0 format which you can download here:
- scientific poster, quadrant 1 (portrait) | Download Powerpoint-file
- scientific poster, quadrant 1 (landscape) | Download Powerpoint-file
- scientific poster, quadrant 2 (portrait) | Download Powerpoint-file
- scientific poster, quadrant 2 (landscape) | Download Powerpoint-file
Below are two samples of these posters.
The part displaying the content can be filled with text, graphs, tables or illustrations. Underneath is space for adding potential sponsor logos or partner organisations.
NB: Please keep in mind that illustrations/photos must be of sufficient quality (min. 300 dpi for files of actual size); photos and illustrations downloaded from the internet are usually not of sufficient quality. Note also that you need to take into account possible copyrights.
You can send the digital document to a supplier specialised in printing/plotting in larger sizes, specifying the desired format, quantity, design and deadline.
The layout grids have been developed by the House Style Office in cooperation with The Creative Hub/Canon (preferred supplier). If you prefer to outsource the layout, you can contact The Creative Hub/Canon.
The copyright for text, design, photographs and logos on this website rests with Maastricht University. The corporate identity and the content of this website may not be used by third parties without prior consent.