Squash is an explosive and intense indoor racket sport, played by two or four players. Technique and tactics are very important in the squash game. The University Sports Centre has three squash courts available. Never played squash before? Subscribe for a course.
Get to know squash
Squash is an indoor racket sport, played by two or four players in a four-walled court with a small, hollow rubber ball. The players must hit the ball onto the front wall, directly or indirectly by using the back or side walls. The ball may bounce once on the floor before hitting back. Technique and tactics are very important in the squash game. For your and your opponent's safety it is important that you know how to play safe.
Want to try squash?
Never played squash before? We advise you to subscribe for a course before you try out yourself.
The University Sports Centre has three squash courts available. Members of UM SPORTS can rent a squash court per 45 minutes. You are a member once you have obtained your Basic membership. Need Information about memberships and becoming a member?
Booking (and paying for) a squash court is possible online via the UM SPORTS webshop and at the frontdesk cashier.
Are you looking for a squash buddy or do you want to challenge someone you don't know?
Sign up for the UM SPORTS squash ladder via www.squash-ladder.com and find your own way to the top!
NEW: Squash it up UM - Maastricht's first student squash association.
Opening hours squash
- Monday to Friday: 07.15-23.00 hrs
- Saturday and Sunday: 10.15-20.00 hrs
Please check the rules of play via Worldsquash
Squash courses: 7 weeks
- Tuesday: 20.00-20.45, 20.45-21.30 and 21.30-22.15
- Wednesday: 18.30-19.15 and 19.15-20.00
- Thursday: 18.30-19.15 and 19.15-20.00
Prices per court, per 45 minutes
- Students: €4,40
- Employees and alumni: €6,60
- Other members: €8,80
Balls for sale (beginner or advanced): €3.50
Racket rental: €2.50
Prices valid as of 1 September 2017
Terms and conditions for squash at UM SPORTS
- Clothing: sports wear, clean non-marking indoor shoes
- Only members are allowed to rent a court.
- Booking a court is possible via the webshop or frontdesk.
- All players register at the front desk before entering the court.
- The other player(s) is(are) UM SPORTS member(s) or need(s) to buy a Try out pass à €7.50
- Cancellation is not possible; restitution of paid fees is not possible
- Playing longer is only possible when the court is not booked for that time slot. Before continuing your game, first pay for the new court rent at the frontdesk.
- Leave towels, bags and drinks off the court. Use our free lockers situated near the changing rooms to store your personal items