UM students can call upon student deans for information and advice about their legal position as a student. The student deans work throughout the entire university and are independent. They will be glad to help you find a solution. Naturally, all the information you share with a student dean will be treated confidentially.
The UM student deans are: Manon Fokke, Dorothé Garé, Véronique Houtackers, Judith Kraal and Roja Takhtetchian .
They can help you with issues like:
- your rights in the event of study delay due to illness, pregnancy, special family circumstances or high level sport
- student finance issues and UM’s funding regulations
- studying with a disability
- facilities for board members of student and study associations
- submitting an objection, an appeal or a complaint
- your rights as a student
You can also call on a student dean for issues outside your study but which do influence your performance as a student.
Ask your question via email
You can mail your question directly. Always ask your question clearly in your e-mail, and mention everything you consider important. Don’t forget to mention your student number.
Making an appointment with the student dean
Would you prefer to have a face-to-face conversation? Then make an appointment with the student dean .
Changing or cancelling your appointment
If you cannot make your appointment or if you want to reschedule, please notify us via the online tool .
Make sure you cancel on time. If you fail to do so, we can charge administration costs.