Gaining work experience
Usually, having work experience is one of the requirements in job vacancies. Many students assume they have little experience but you often have more experience than you think. Starting on the employment market after graduation, does not mean that you have no experience at all.
It mainly depends upon how you think about the experience that you gained in a range of situations. Even a part-time student job or a holiday job can provide you with valuable knowledge.
Analyse your experiences and ask yourself questions such as:
- Do I like working together with other people?
- Am I a meticulous worker with a sharp eye for details?
- Do I quickly take the initiative?
- Which feedback do I receive from colleagues?
- How do I respond in stressful situations?
- Can I adapt quickly?
- Can I set priorities?