Accelerating scientific discovery
Accelerating scientific discovery through the development of powerful Artificial Intelligence (AI) platforms coupled with FAIR data and services to systematically unlock knowledge about the world we live in.
Most aspects of scientific inquiry remain entirely dependent on human expertise and effort. However, no one person can keep track of the vast amounts of data, tools, and knowledge being generated each and every day. Moreover, with recent reports claiming rates of non-reproducibility of 64% in psychological studies and up to 89% in pharmacological studies, there is an urgent need to find effective approaches to conduct scientific investigations that takes into account and makes sense of the vast amount of data in a more reliable manner. Recent developments in data-driven systems show that machines can effectively ingest complex information and outperform humans in many tasks.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Summarizing what is known about a topic and contextualizing new findings for an individual
- Incentive-friendly platforms for sharing digital research objects (e.g. data, software, publications) that are maximally FAIR – Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable
- Uncovering evidence that supports or potentially disputes a scientific assertion
- Designing, prioritizing, and orchestrating experiments to fill in knowledge gaps
- Tracking scientific progress, evolution of scientific disciplines, and scientific impact.
- Adaptive data-driven learning to maximize the accuracy and completeness of any human endeavour