FAQ’s UM Online Education
- I want to rethink the design of my course
- Can I use all online tools without AVG problems? And what about Zoom?
- Can I record a session? What are the regulations?
- What technical aspects do I need to consider for teaching online
- What is 'flipping the classroom' and how do I do it?
- What is the attendance policy for online education
- How can I prepare my students for online learning
- I want my students to have easy access to online and offline resources
- I want my students to generate content (e.g. video/audio essays, infographics, etc.)
- How can I be visible and accessible to my students and stay in touch?
- I want to create a video (lecture)
- I want to create a video (knowledge clip)
- I want to re-use open online educational resources (plagiarism, copyright, etc.)
- I want to facilitate a synchronous online tutorial
- I want to facilitate an online tutorial - asynchronous
- I want to facilitate an online lecture
- I want to do an online brainstorm (synchronous or asynchronous)
- I want to do an online discussion (synchronous or asynchronous)
- I want my students to collaborate online
- I want to transfer my skills training online
Developed by the University Library, the Tool Wheel helps you find your way in the jungle of tools. It distinguishes between tools that are licensed by UM and those that are not licensed but recommended, and offers in-depth information on each tool.
- I want to change my current exam to an online format NOW WITH DECISION TREE!
- I want to do summative assessment online
- How can I prevent fraud on my online summative assessments
- I want to do formative assessment online
- I want to give feedback online
- I want to do peer feedback online
CPD knowledge clips
Get yourself going on your Continuing Professional Development and watch these specially designed knowledge clips on online education.
- I want to communicate with my students online
- I want to know about the difference between asynchronous and synchronous online interaction
- I want to engage my students during online meetings (synchronous)
- I want to engage my students online (asynchronous)
- I want to cope with online group dynamics
- How can I motivate my students online?
- How can I monitor my students’ progress?