Faculteit der Cultuur- en Maatschappijwetenschappen
Research Methods: Survey Research
For those who would like to further improve their quantitative research skills, this course is an optional follow-up training. Students will be able to conduct surveys for the business sector, NGO’s and cultural organisations in Maastricht and across the Euroregion Maas-Rhine. The course culminates in a one-day conference where students present their research findings and policy recommendations to their host organisations, the media and the wider public. Please note that this is an elective skills training and available places may be limited; in period 4 students choose two out of the four offered skills of 3 ECTS each.
Doelstellingen van dit vak
At the end of this course, students will possess:
• The ability to respond to the demands of professional organisations and to develop a research design for quantitative data analysis in a ‘real’ policy-making context;
• The ability to plan and carry out surveys among a larger population;
• The ability to report the research findings to a non-academic audience;
• The ability to formulate policy recommendations
Participation in and completion of QDAI (Year 2), or equivalent course at another faculty.
• Field, A. (2005). Discovering statistics using SPSS (and sex, drugs and rock ‘n’ roll). (2nd ed.). London: SAGE Publications.