Faculteit der Cultuur- en Maatschappijwetenschappen
Research Internship (individual research project)
Broadening their knowledge of theories and methods that are relevant to the critical study of European integration. It aims to equip students with the knowledge and the skills necessary to conduct original research projects. It is specifically intended to prepare students for the entry into a PhD programme, either at FASoS or at a different institution. Academia is, however, not the only option for RMES students. Research skills and insights into the use and application of methods are vital in many professions, be it at the European institutions or in think-tanks. A research internship implies that RMES candidates are to carry out in-depth research on different topics and have the opportunity to conduct research that is linked to their MSc thesis.
Doelstellingen van dit vak
• be able to relate theoretical knowledge to a real-world setting;
• be able to apply methodological skills within a professional setting;
• be able to apply/use the relevant knowledge and skills acquired during the RMES; be able to conduct research relevant to their MSc thesis;
• be able to carry out research that could/will be used for publication (either online or in print);
• be able to establish professional contacts; be able to work within a set organizational structure (hierarchy) with fixed working hours, work patterns, routines, etc.;
• have acquired the academic and personal skills to conduct and reflect upon professional skills in an ethical and socially responsible fashion; have gained working experience and found out more about their personal skills and interests.