The presentation skills training program focuses on creative ways of presenting information. In general, students in their final year of undergraduate education have used PowerPoint on numerous occasions for various courses. The training in this skills course focuses on different communication techniques. Some examples follow.
- Pecha Kucha: a timed presentation using pictures. Students learn to time their presentation and respect deadline of 20 seconds per slide. Requires good preparation.
- Elevator Speech: few minutes to draw someone's attention to an issue, aiming at establishing a future appointment with the interlocutor and tell him/her more. Students learn to be concise and effective.
- TED talk: combines story-telling, the use of catchphrases, metaphors, analogies, maintaining the audience's interest. Learning objective: the power of words and presence on stage.
- PowerPoint is a support but how you convey your information is of paramount importance.
Doelstellingen van dit vak
Increased ability to give a (good) presentation (enhanced presentation skills).
- No specific knowledge required.
- An advanced level of English
Reading booklet, provided on Eleum.