Real Estate Finance
The real estate markets play a major role in the economy. By all counts, the real estate market is the largest asset market we have. Moreover, the investment characteristics of real estate differ markedly from those of other asset classes like stocks and bonds moreover, the real estate market is responsible for a major part of global resource consumption. All this makes studying the real estate markets relevant and interesting. Some of the topics addressed include:
- advanced valuation issues
- the economic effects of sustainability in real estate
- explaining property market behaviour
- diversification of the real estate portfolio
- direct and indirect real estate investments
- performance measurement of property investments
- real estate and inflation
- international real estate investments
- mortgages and mortgage-backed securities
- green real estate financing
Doelstellingen van dit vak
- Understand modern financing techniques for real estate
- Acquire a deep understanding about real estate investment strategies and valuation
- Understand how different real estate markets (housing, commercial real estate) behave in the light of macro economic and demographic developments
Basic knowledge of Financial Markets, Portfolio Management, and Valuation. Courses and workload are demanding for all IB Master courses. Exchange students need to have obtained a Bachelor degree in business.
An advanced level of English.
- Reader containing book chapters and journal articles.
- Geltner, Miller, Clayton and Eichholtz, Commercial Real Estate Analysis and Investments, 3rd edition, 2013. Oncourse Learning