This course provides an introduction to the fundamentals of finance. Students learn how capital markets function and how individuals and companies wishing to raise capital approach financial markets. Students learn how to make investment decisions. The basic concepts of risk and return shall be taught. Equity markets and Bond markets are introduced and the tools with which to price stocks, bonds and other financial assets, which trade on financial markets, are covered. Analytical problems are applied to financial problems during tutorial group meetings to ensure students are provided with a solid grounding in finance from both a corporate and a personal perspective.
Doelstellingen van dit vak
- Learn how capital markets function.
- Apply knowledge to financial problems, capital budgeting and investment decisions.
- An advanced level of English
- No specific required knowledge requested
- Berk & De Marzo, Corporate Finance, Pearson