The course deals with basic issues in finance, such as risk diversification and asset pricing, capital structure, investment valuation, market efficiency, dividend policy and the use of derivatives.
Doelstellingen van dit vak
- Understand what finance theory says about how risky securities are priced in equilibrium.
- Understand what finance theory has to say about the mix between debt and equity finance for a firm.
- Understand the implications of the previously mentioned
- Students are expected to understand the following finance concepts: Types of securities (stocks, bonds) and their returns; the concept of risk diversification and efficient frontiers, principles of time value of money.
- Exchange students need to have taken at least one introductory finance course.
- An advanced level of English
- Berk & De Marzo, Corporate Finance, Pearson
28 okt 2019
20 dec 2019
Taal van de opleiding:Engels
- P. Jiao
Evaluatiemethoden:Participation, Written exam