The Skills Training “Treatment Protocols” consists of 7 training sessions. The training will be in Dutch and the Dutch title is: “Training Kortdurende Ambulante Interventies in de Ambulante Geestelijke Gezondheidszorg”.
In this training students get acquainted with some short term treatments or protocols, also called EST (Empirically Supported Treatment). We will limit ourselves to the most common disorders: depression and anxiety. Also we will pay attention to the protocols for psychotic disorders: Meta Cognitive Treatment for psychosis and “Gedachten Uitpluizen”, the cognitive behavioral treatment protocol for psychoses. Students will practice with the most effective treatment for mood disorders: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
Doelstellingen van dit vak
After completing this training students have knowledge of and insight into:
- the process of indicating a patient to the most effective and efficient treatment;
- the societal developments in this process;
- theoretical explanation of EST;
- the most common EST’s in mental health in The Netherlands.
Students are able to:
- at a basic level, treat a patient with the trained protocols/ECT’s;
- at a basic level, make/edit a sufficiently well explained indication for treatment.
- Keijzers, G., Minnen van A., & Hoogduin K., (2011) Protocollaire behandelingen voor volwassenen met psychische klachten deel 1 en deel 2. Amsterdam: Boom.