Country Risk Analysis
This skills training aims to give students insight into the process of country risk rating. Risk rating is becoming more important, in particular because of Basel II and Basel III. Students work in teams and construct risk ratings for one pair of countries. Two lectures from country risk analysts that work in the banking/insurance sector, will help students to think about how to measure country risk. Students will discover tips and tricks in the construction of these ratings.
Doelstellingen van dit vak
- learn how to analyse the economic development of a country
- learn to understand how risk ratings are constructed
- learn to manage a large database
- a “pass” for the first-year economics course(s). The skills training is open to all students.
- an advanced level of English
No specific literature