Faculteit der Cultuur- en Maatschappijwetenschappen
This six-week training is organised around three simulation games, which allow students to improve their negotiation skills and to better understand the practicalities of decision-making processes in Brussels.
The purpose of this skills training course is threefold :
1) to provide a basic introduction to the main concepts of negotiation and negotiation theories;
2) to improve students’ negotiation skills;
3) to arrive at a better understanding of EU decision-making (public vs. foreign policy-making, the composition and competencies of various institutions, interaction between institutions, interactions
within the Council etc.).
Doelstellingen van dit vak
By the end of the course, students will:
• Gain a better understanding of the decision-making in Brussels;
• Gain new knowledge on the theory of negotiations;
• Improve their negotiation skills in practice