Writing a Master's Thesis Proposal: Business Intelligence and Smart Services
Full course descriptionFor this purpose, the skills training consists of two key elements:
1. Developing a research proposal. This can be done through literature and self-study or consultation with a potential thesis supervisor;
2. Lectures that provide you with more information about:
* Writing a master thesis in general, e.g., how can you find a topic, what is a typical structure of academic/industrial report, collecting data;
* Quality standards in academic/industrial report writing;
* Approaches in academic research, e.g., empirical studies and validation, modelling, simulations, proof techniques, policy/protocol development, algorithm design, complexity analysis, surveys;
* Ethics aspects and scientific integrity.
Course objectivesThe objective of the skills training is to successfully start working on your master thesis and plan the road ahead so that we can assign a thesis supervisor to your thesis project. After having completed the skills training you should have a clear idea on:
* The research topic of your master thesis;
* The research question that you will investigate;
* The research approaches that you can use to collect/analyze data and/or to develop a decision making tool;
* The specific quantitative methods required to realize the research project.