Full course description
In this course students start with conducting an interview with a person who suffers from a chronic disease and reading a book or watching a movie that focusses on the experiences of a person with a chronic disease. Interviews and book or movie are analyzed and described. Assignments are discussed in a tutorial.
- Getting insight into ‘the person behind the patient’ and how people (learn to) live with a chronic disease
- Exploration of how people live with permanent limitations because of a chronic of incurable disease
- Exploration of concepts ‘coping’, ‘self-care’ and ‘giving meaning’
- Exploration of the relationship between physical, psychological, social and spiritual elements of (dealing with) a chronic disease
- Reflect on differences between patients