Advanced Academic Skills
Full course description
A good researcher knows not only a lot about their specific topic of study, they are also able to communicate their findings to others effectively. Several key skills are important in this; practicing these will be the focus of the course. In short, Advanced Academic Skills continues where PRA1002 left off by having students write for various audiences, while improving their prose, (writing) organization, and style. Advanced Academic Skills may be particularly useful for students who are more generally interested in the process of scientific communication and/or intend to continue their science education beyond the undergraduate level.
- To improve written skills
- To improve presentation skills
- To improve argumentation skills
- To teach students how to manage their time
- To improve skills related to group working
- PRA1002 Research, Data Analyses and Presentation Academic Skills OR PRA1102 Introduction to Scientific Research II
A selection of readings will be accessed for this course. All planned readings are currently accessible through the UM Library online (free).