PEERS - Undergraduate Research III
Full course description
UCV PEERS is a semester research programme carrying 10 ECTS. In the period 4 and 5 PEERs is delivered in the skill format while during period 6 it gets transformed to the full time research project. This set-up ensures that PEERs students increase their proficiency in all steps involved in conducting research, from writing a research proposal and making choices about the study methodology to communicating the results of their project. Small groups of students will conduct research under the guidance of a senior researcher. They will act as a group, but engage in individual work as well. PEERS offers a unique opportunity to develop one’s own research topic. In this way, student researchers will make an actual contribution to ongoing research, and will experience firsthand what is involved in doing research.
- To further develop research skills starting from conceiving the good research question, identifying correct methodology to answer it, to actually conducting the study, analysing data and reporting the results to scientific community.
- To emphasize the ability to identify and formulate academic problems.
- To become aware how various research methodologies provide answers and may initiate new ideas.
- To enhance the learning experience of students by integrating research into their undergraduate curriculum.
- To reinforce the awareness of how academic work relates to the needs of society.
VSK3101 PEERS - Undergraduate Research I and VSK3102 PEERS - Undergraduate Research II
The PEERs project is preferably done during the second year (or the third year) of your study programme.
Project-specific literature will be used