Economics and Society in Contemporary Asia
Full course descriptionThis particular course on Contemporary Asia focuses on the integration and synthesis of culture, economics and politics in the Asian societies to increase an understanding of the region, in its contemporary social-political and cultural setting. This course will transcend the borders of academic disciplines and domains and deals with topics like:
- Modernity and public policy
- Politico-cultural obstacles for intra-regional cooperation
- Social change and prosperity
- Intercultural interaction
- Cultural forces in society.
Course objectivesUnderstanding economic issues in contemporary Asian society in their social, cultural and political context
PrerequisitesNo specific required knowledge. Exchange students should have finished their first year of Bachelor study.
an advanced level of English