Full course description
In this project, students will finalize and offer the conference that has been prepared in the second period of this semester. The purpose of the conference will be to provide a platform for an audience of approximately 200 first semester students, scholars and professionals. The conference will allow people to meet and share ideas, present findings and discoveries and connect to fellow academics.
The project consists of three parts, being:
- Final preparations for the conference, including dress rehearsals, peer feedback and dealing with the organisation of the conference.
- Offering the conference to the target audience, organisation on the conference day(s) and gathering information for evaluation of the conference.
- Evaluating the conference and writing a report with evaluations and recommendations for future editions
A wide variety of individual interests in the Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities is welcomed in order to offer a diverse conference. The project fosters an interdisciplinary approach among the participating students.
- To train students in skills required for preparing an academic conference.
- To train students in rehearsing, adapting and fine-tuning their contributions to a conference.
- To train students in offering a conference.
- To train students in evaluating a conference.
SKI3050 Preparing Conference.
SKI2007 Presentation Skills