Full course description
The Skills Training "Treatment Protocols" consists of 7 training sessions. In this training, students get acquainted with some short term treatments or protocols, also called EST (Empirically Supported Treatment). It focuses on the most common disorders: depression and anxiety. Also, the training pays attention to the protocols for psychotic disorders: Meta Cognitive Treatment for psychosis and "Gedachten Uitpluizen", the cognitive behavioral treatment protocol for psychoses. Students will practice with the most effective treatment for mood disorders: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
The training sessions last for three hours and consist of a short plenary introduction and a practical part in training groups.
After completing this training students have knowledge of and insight into:
- the process of indicating a patient to the most effective and efficient treatment;
- the societal developments in this process;
- theoretical explanation of EST;
- the most common ESTs in mental health in The Netherlands.
Students are able to:
- at a basic level, treat a patient with the trained protocols/ECTs;
- at a basic level, make/edit a sufficiently well explained indication for treatment.
- explain the rationale behind this specific treatment protocol to other professionals and clients
- adequately approach clients with disorders as presented in the training.