Clinical Lab Skills
Full course description
Clinical Lab Skills focuses on the basic techniques used in clinical practice to assess functions of the organ and systems of a human body. During the training you will learn how to perform basic anthropometric measurement in human, which methods can be used to assess body composition, how the cardiovascular function and fitness level can be measured. Furthermore, students will build expertise on basic interpretation of electrocardiogram, heart rate variability and lung function testing. During the tutorials importance of the informed consent process and application of the Good Clinical Practice in the studies involving human participants will be discussed. At the end of the training you will improve your abilities and skills to perform clinical research.
- To apply main principles of Good Clinical Practice in clinical research;
- To perform and assess basic anthropometric and cardiorespiratory measurements;
- To understand basics of electrocardiography, spirometry, exercise testing;
- To perform basic evaluation of electrocardiogram and spirogram;
- To perform basic assessment of the exercise tests.
No compulsory literature will be requested for this course.