Full course description
This skills will focus in the synthesis and analysis of inorganic compounds, focusing primarily on coordination compounds and their spectroscopy.
- To implement principles seen in class in a laboratory setting.
- To learn the basic synthetic techniques in inorganic chemistry.
- To synthesize and study a range of inorganic compounds.
- PRA1001 Research methods or PRA1101 Introduction to Scientific Research I
- PRA1002 Research, Data Analysis and Presentation Academic Skills or PRA1102 Introduction to Scientific Research II
- CHE2002 Inorganic Chemistry
- CHE2001 Organic Chemistry
- PRA2002 Chemical Synthesis
- Girolami, Rauchfuss, Angelici: Synthesis and Technique in Inorganic Chemistry (University Science Books).
- Woollins: Inorganic Experiments (Wiley VCH).