Full course description
This six-week training is organised around three simulation games, which allow students to improve their negotiation skills and to better understand the practicalities of decision-making processes in Brussels. The purpose of this skills training course is threefold :
- to provide a basic introduction to the main concepts of negotiation and negotiation theories;
- to improve students’ negotiation skills;
- to arrive at a better understanding of EU decision-making (public vs. foreign policy-making, the composition and competencies of various institutions, interaction between institutions, interactions within the Council etc.).
By the end of the course, students will:
- gain a better understanding of the decision-making in Brussels;
- gain new knowledge on the theory of negotiations;
- improve their negotiation skills in practice.
To be announced. Please see course manual.