Full course description
Students will become acquainted with some current topics in psychopharmacology, i.e. mechanisms of medicinal drugs including new avenues, nutritional substances and substance use disorder.
There will be explicit attention to the different perspectives of Psychopharmacology from the tracks in which participating students are residing, ie. Neuropsychology (NP) and Psychopathology (PP).
Some research topics and perspectives in Psychopharmacology:
- Old drugs, new drugs or new targets?
- Animal Research or Human Research?
- Nutrition or Drug Treatment?
- Pills or Psychotherapy?
- students are able to understand and remember principles of psychopharmacology and illustrate them using examples of psychopharmacological studies.
- students are able to create a presentation on a topic of psychopharmacology and present (apply) it professionally.