Preparing Master's Thesis Project
Full course description
Master Students will devote 4th semester to elaborate and present their Master Thesis. During 3rd semester, students need to prepare a proposal for their master thesis including a short state of the art about the topic they are interested on, formulate some research question, identify potential hypothesis to be addressed on their Master thesis and define requirements about sampling, variables to be considered and research design. The aim of this course is to allow students to prepare such proposal under the supervision of Master staff who will guide the allocation of Master Thesis supervision and University of destination for 4th semester.
Students will be able to:
- establish a topic and a research model to elaborate a Master thesis proposal;
- prepare a short “state of the art” about the topic chosen, identifying the cutting edge research and the gaps to be addressed;
- identify a relevant and of current importance regarding the topic addressed;
- formulate different research hypotheses to be considered in the Master Thesis;
- define the requirements for sampling and research design to analyze and test the formulated hypotheses.