Clinical Placement Neuro Sciences - Neurology / Psychiatry
Full course description
Due to the unique combination of four specialisms it is not possible to organize all workplaces in the same hospital. ENT-medicine will be in Sligo, Neurology and Ophthalmology will be in Limerick and Psychiatry will be in Mullingar.
Basic goals of this rotation are:
- Clinical assessment of the ear, nose and throat
- Clinical assessment of the eye
- Neurological assessment
- Mental state examination
- Communication skills with disabled and complex or mentally ill patients.
- Consequences of chronic disease from a patient’s and environmental perspective
- Legal aspects of the health care systemespecially for mental health care.
- Basic neuro- and psychopharmacology.
- Behavioral based aspects of interaction and intervention.