Full course description
The course provides an introduction into modern macroeconomic theory and economic policy. This gives basic tools needed to analyse macroeconomic developments. The course covers short-run fluctuations, medium-run equilibrium, and also long-run growth. It discusses macroeconomic policy in a European context, but in a globalizing world. The course includes training in presentation skills, where small teams present and discuss macroeconomic data for various countries.
- learn how to analyse the macroeconomic performance of a country
- learn to understand how to interpret and understand various types of macro economic policy
- understand current discussions about fiscal and monetary policy
- training in presentation- and team-skills
- Coverage of basic mathematics, in particular algebra.
- An advanced level of English
- Blanchard O. (2017), Macroeconomics, 7th Global Edition, Pearson