Full course description
Functions of more than one variable, series, multiple integrals, integral calculus of functions of one variable.
- Learn the concepts and techniques in the field of integral calculus that are prerequisite for 'probability theory', '(applied) statistics', 'mathematical economics' and 'operations research'.
- Can check the topological properties of a subset of the plane.
- Know how to prove that a function of two variables is continuous.
- Be able to apply the Implicit Function of Theorem.
- Know how to prove that a function of two variables has a directional derivative or is (totally) differentiable.
- Learn to solve constrained and unconstrained optimisation problems.
- Differential calculus for functions of one variable (as, for instance, in the course Analysis 1).
- Elementary linear algebra (as, for instance, in the course Linear Algebra).
An advanced level of English.