Full course description
In the third clinical rotations period of 8 weeks (two 10 weeks periods have been already fulfilled in the bachelor curriculum) students will be placed in more complex environments in which physiotherapeutic health care is delivered e.g., the rehabilitation center, the hospital setting, a stroke center.
Students are also permitted to take this clinical rotations period abroad, or combine it with their master thesis, in which case a 20 weeks part-time internship is possible.
A clinical rotations coordinator will assign students to and monitor their progress at the various institutions.
The clinical rotation period is structured in the same way as in the bachelor and builds a student portfolio
- Acts and thinks with a strong awareness of the concept of a physiotherapy professional at a basic academic and clinical level
- Is conversant with the terms and theories and key concepts of the underlying basic disciplines and is able to communicate this to other stakeholders
- Is conversant with current health care and practice problems, questions and challenges in the field of physiotherapy (profession), and is able to interpret and explain and act on these problems in both theoretical -academic as well as in clinical or professional setting with awareness of responsibility to society
- Has organizing clinical thinking, and reasoning skills at the Bachelors/ level demonstrable in well described training situations and supervised situations during clinical rotations
- Is able to demonstrate integrated academic competencies (science in practice) and clinical competencies including critical appraisal and EBP at a bachelor of science level
- Has broad knowledge and skills in the physiotherapy sciences and is able to comply with current and future clinical guidelines and professional standards at bachelor of science level and communicate this to stakeholders towards own functioning as well as to society H. Has developed a lifelong learning, organizing and critical thinking attitude and skills and acts accordingly with respect and responsibility
- Is able to adequately communicate in both written and spoken language to specified target groups (share knowledge, collaboration with other professionals, researchers, companies) and use this communication in collaboration with other stakeholders