Writing a Master's Thesis Proposal: IB-Strategy
Full course description
Regarding the first objective of the course, more specifically, the students should be able to:
- Conduct a literature search, and identify a specific research gap
- Critically assess (quality of) the literature
- Formulate a conceptual model
- Identify relevant data sources
- Select an appropriate design and methodology for the chosen research question
The objectives of this skills course are twofold. First, it aims to provide students with a tool-kit for writing a master thesis proposal. A good proposal, supported by a supervisor, is a first step in the entire process and is absolutely essential for an eventual success with the thesis. Second, the skills course will help students anticipate pitfalls in the process of writing a thesis and learn how to detect avoidable problems early.
No specific prerequisites
Academic articles on scientific writing.