Full course description
Logic and mathematical reasoning, sequences, differential and integral calculus of functions of one variable.
- Learn the concepts and techniques in the field of differential calculus that are prerequisite for ‘probability theory’, ‘(applied) statistics’, ‘mathematical economics’ and ‘operations research’.
- Obtain the right attitude with respect to (abstract) mathematics.
- Learn to write down a correct mathematical reasoning.
- Learn to give (simple) proofs.
- Perform basic arithmetic operations and simplify algebraic expressions.
- Perform basic arithmetic operations with fractions.
- Solve simple (in)equalities.
- Manipulate exponentials and logs.
- Recognise the main characteristics of the graph of a function.
- Apply the arithmetic rules for differentiating functions.
- Optimize a function of one variable.
- Evaluate elementary integrals.