Full course description
In this course, the role of nutrition to prevent age-related diseases in humans will be considered, as well as underlying mechanisms. In addition, it will be addressed how this knowledge is translated into different forms of nutritional support in a clinical setting. Specific attention will be given to recent manuscripts discussing dietary intervention trials in humans. Examples from real-life situations will used.
- To examine the role of diet on age-related diseases in humans
- To understand how nutrition prevents age-related diseases by exploring underlying mechanisms
- To critically evaluate recent manuscripts discussing dietary interventions in health and disease
VSC1101 Introduction to Biology.
Recommended VSC2102 Homeostatic Principles, VSC2202 Food and Disease
- Students are not required to buy a specific book
- Original research articles will be used