How to apply
Application deadlines: EU/EEA students: 15 July, Non-EU/EEA students: 1 June
Starts: September 2017
In exceptional circumstances, late applications may be considered.
Step 1: Online registration & application
Please note that in order to apply at the Faculty of Law, you first need to register at Maastricht University (UM).
- After completion of the initial registration form, you will receive an email containing the User ID and Password which you need for the application to the Faculty of Law.If you have any questions concerning your registration and application at Maastricht University, please contact us via sophie.tax[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl
- If you want to change any information on your application form, please do not complete a new form but inform us about the change via sophie.tax[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl and we will process the change in our system.
- For registration at Maastricht University please go to: MyUM account form. Complete all required fields on the form (marked with an *) and other relevant fields. If you need help with a specific question click on the questionmark.
- Within 24 hours, you will receive an email at the email address you just entered on the registration form (so make sure you enter the correct data!). Please go to your inbox and follow the instructions in this email, which will contain your user ID and password and a link to the My Um portal.
- Please go to the MyUM portal for the online APPLICATION, and enter your user ID and password in order to log on: Click on ADMISSIONS and choose "new application" to go to the application form.
Make sure to enter the following data:
Faculty --> choose “Faculty of Law”
Program of study --> choose Intellectual Property and Knowledge Management
If you do not select the correct programme of study this might cause a delay in your application.
Please note that you have to fill out the period as follows:
01-09-2017 to 31-08-2018, academic year: 2017/2018
Step 2: uploading documents
You will need to upload the following documents while filling in the online application, so please have them ready in digital form:
- a copy of your passport
- a letter of motivation
- two letters of recommendation
- a curriculum vitae
- a certified copy of your diploma
- a list of grades
- IELTS/TOEFL/Cambridge test result
- a portrait photo that we need for your UM id card
- Please also download this form and upload it after completion.
Please note that we also need you to send a certified copy of your diploma per post to our office:
International Relations Office Maastricht University
Faculty of Law
PO box 616
6200 MD Maastricht
Upon receipt of your complete application, the Board of Admission will take a decision regarding your admittance to the programme. For questions about the admissions requirements or programme contents, please contact us at: sophie.tax[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl