Floris Peters (F.W.C.)
Floris Peters is a postdoctoral researcher in the "Migrant Life Course and Legal Status Transition" (MiLifeStatus) project, funded by the European Research Council (ERC) and led by professor Maarten P. Vink. He holds a PhD from Maastricht University (cum laude) on the relevance of citizenship for the socio-economic integration of immigrants. Furthermore, during 2018-2020, Floris is a Visiting Research Fellow at the Malmö Institute for Studies of Migration, Diversity and Welfare (MIM).
Professional career history
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Maastricht University: Migrant Life Course and Legal Status Transition (MiLifeStatus) project, led by prof. Maarten Vink (2018 - present).
- Visiting Research Fellow, Malmö Institute for Studies of Migration, Diversity and Welfare (MIM) (October 2018 - December 2020).
- PhD (Cum Laude), Maastricht University: The Citizenship Premium: Immigrant Naturalisation and Socio-Economic Integration in the Netherlands (2014 - 2017). Supervisors: prof. Maarten Vink and prof. Hans Schmeets.
- The Netherlands Institute for Social Research (May 2013 - December 2013). Mixed methods research on the background and welfare of marriage migrants in the Netherlands.
- Statistics Netherlands (November 2012 - January 2013). Exploratory research on the economic independence of adolescents in the Netherlands.
- MSc Multiculturalism in Comparative Perspective (Cum Laude), Utrecht University (2011-2012).
- BSc General Social Sciences, Utrecht University (2008-2011).