Floris Peters (F.W.C.)
Floris Peters is a postdoctoral researcher in the "Migrant Life Course and Legal Status Transition" (MiLifeStatus) project. He holds a PhD from Maastricht University (cum laude) on the relevance of citizenship for the socio-economic integration of immigrants. Furthermore, he has a Bachelor degree in General Social Sciences and a Master degree in Multiculturalism in Comparative Perspective, both from the University of Utrecht, where he graduated in 2012.
Professional career history
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Maastricht University: Migrant Life Course and Legal Status Transition (MiLifeStatus) project, led by prof. Maarten Vink (2018 - present).
- PhD (Cum Laude), Maastricht University: The Citizenship Premium: Immigrant Naturalisation and Socio-Economic Integration in the Netherlands (2014 - 2017). Supervisors: prof. Maarten Vink and prof. Hans Schmeets.
- The Netherlands Institute for Social Research (May 2013 - December 2013). Mixed methods research on the background and welfare of marriage migrants in the Netherlands.
- Statistics Netherlands (November 2012 - January 2013). Exploratory research on the economic independence of adolescents in the Netherlands.
- MSc Multiculturalism in Comparative Perspective (Cum Laude), Utrecht University (2011-2012).
- BSc General Social Sciences, Utrecht University (2008-2011).