Eric Piette (P..E..)
Eric Piette (http://piette.info/eric/) is a Postdoctoral Research Assistant at Maastricht University's Department of Data Science and Knowledge Engineering (DKE). In his doctoral thesis defended at the University of Artois in 2016, Eric paved the way for a new approach for combining Monte Carlo methods and a Stochastic Constraint-based Approach to General Game Playing, winning the AI 2017 Thesis award of the AFIA and the 2016 General Game Playing competition organised by Stanford University. His last paper published in IJCAI-2017, which established a tight relationship between symmetry detection in Constraint Satisfaction Problems and transposition detection in GGP, was selected as one of three finalists for the distinguished paper award out of 2,540 submitted papers. Eric is an active member of the French working group for Game AI.
General Game Playing, Machine Learning, Knownledge Representation, Constraint Programming.
Professional career history
- Current : Postdoctoral Research Assistant, University of Maastricht, DKE
- 2017 - 2018 : Lecturer Assistant, University of Paris Dauphine, LAMSADE
- 2016 - 2017 : Lecturer Assistant, University of Artois, CRIL
- 2013 - 2016 : PhD position, University of Artois, CRIL
- 2013 - 2013 : Research Internship in Computer Science, University of Lille, CRIStAL (formerly LIFL) - SMAC Team