Biomedical Sciences is a fast-paced, cutting edge field that is currently enjoying ambitious support from the EU and wide-scale investments all over Europe. As a result, there is growing demand - and good labour market prospects - for highly specialised professionals in both academia and industry.
Studying biomedical sciences allows you to choose from a wide variety of careers in hospitals, universities and industry. Including governmental agencies, patent organisations, environmental agencies, research organisations, pharmaceutical or biotechnology companies and public health institutes.
Graduates have found positions as:
- Postdoctoral fellow at Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Canada
- Intern at European Research Institute for the Biology of Ageing
- Associate Clinical Research Specialist at Medtronic
- Scientist and lecturer, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia
- PhD candidate - Department of Tumor Immunology, Institute for Molecular Life Sciences, Radboudumc
- Senior Clinical Research Associate at Quintiles