Why this programme?
The Artificial Intelligence master’s programme focuses on the development and application of computer systems that simulate human intelligence, learning, reasoning and collaboration. These systems are used to solve challenging problems in today's world.
The master's programme covers the following research topics:
data mining to explore relations in datasets
- multi-agent systems of collaborating autonomous intelligent systems
- situated agents, such as robots, that can operate in environments using uncertain observations
- formal techniques for reasoning in agents
- intelligent techniques for playing and solving board games and controlling virtual characters in commercial video games
- extracting interesting and non-trivial information and knowledge from unstructured text
- machine learning to find patterns and make predictions in and about data
High impact on society
Artificial intelligence has a high impact on society. It plays a key role in some of the technological applications that have become indispensible to us. These applications include data mining (e.g. detection of fraudulent credit card transactions), automated trading software in real markets, interactive computer games, intelligent network routing on the internet, robotic space exploration, sensor networks for medical applications and many more. This master’s programme teaches you to become an artificial intelligence expert who is capable of dealing with both current and future challenges in this highly challenging field.
Is it for me?
You'll need to:
- have a background in knowledge engineering, artificial intelligence, computer science and applied mathematics
- be fascinated by the use of intelligent computer systems for complex applications