Systems Biology is a relatively new and rapidly developing field of science. This means there is a large demand for graduates that can combine biology and life sciences with computational modelling and mathematics.
- The majority of students find a job before they graduate
- 85% of graduates started a PhD after their master's
- Graduates work as bio informatician or PhD
- Graduates work at companies such as: UMC Utrecht, Department of Biology, M4I and MaCSBio
- Check out the LinkedIn page to see what our alumni doing at the moment.
Stay connected to Maastricht University
Maastricht University organises several alumni activities, such as: Ambassador lecture series and Alumni Circle Meetings in Europe and beyond. This way you stay connected to Maastricht University.
Because the programme has a strong emphasis on professional research skills, you will have all the skills you need to pursue a career in:
- academic research groups (as a PhD candidate)
- research institutes (like MaCSBio or Institute of Data Science)
- medical research at hospital (MUMC+) or start-up companies
- industrial R&D departments
- start-ups and SMEs
- governmental institutions
- consultancy firms