Why this programme?
The research-intensive master’s in European Studies is an interdisciplinary programme that combines political science and international relations with history and sociology. Research plays a primary role from the outset, with research projects integrated into each core module. You will gain in-depth training in methods such as quantitative and qualitative techniques, comparative methods and discourse analysis. You will also develop skills in designing research, writing research proposals and policy reports, publishing your work and applying for funding and research positions in think tanks, governmental institutions or academia. For the elective component, you can complete a research internship, do an exchange abroad or do a Double Degree at the University of Cologne.
In this programme, you will:
- Learn to critically analyse and discuss challenges facing the EU
- Gain experience working in a multidisciplinary, international academic environment
- Receive in-depth training in conducting high-quality research
- Focus on designing, implementing and publishing your own research
The curriculum has an intensive focus on developing skills, such as:
- Searching for specialist literature
- Managing bibliographic references
- Designing a study
- Interpreting findings
- Presenting results
- Writing for publication