Courses & curriculum 2017 - 2018
The research-intensive master in European Studies focuses on research into the politics and policies of the European Union and into the wider historical and international contexts of the process of European integration. You will develop the theoretical and methodological knowledge and the analytical skills to pursue a high-level career in EU research.
Choice of specialisations (Year 1)
- Governance and Representation in Europe / Europe and the World / Historicising European Union.
- Qualitative Research / Quantitative Research.
Choice of graduation packages (Year 2)
- Double Degree Option: Spend the second year at Cologne University, Germany.
- Study Abroad Option: Spend the first semester of the second year at one of our exchange universities – Mannheim University, Germany; Sciences Po Grenoble, France; Hitotsubashi University Tokyo, Japan; University of Portsmouth, UK.
- Internship Option: Spend up to five months in the second year pursuing an research internship with one of our professors or at a think tank, EU institution or NGO in Brussels.
- A small, close-knit community of students and researchers (average intake 12-15 students p/a)
- Over 90% international students
- Awarded 'Top Rated Programme' label (Higher Education Guide/ Keuzegids 2017)
- Top-rated faculty (Higher Education Guide/ Keuzegids 2017)