***Awarded 'Top Rated Programme' label, Keuzegids 2018***
Are you intrigued by the complexities of the wide range of mental disorders? Are you eager to develop the knowledge and research skills needed to understand how such disorders come about and to find new ways of treating and preventing them? Then Psychopathology is the right choice for you! This highly multidisciplinary programme provides you with the theoretical background and clinical insight necessary for research in the fields of experimental psychopathology, clinical psychology and psychiatry. Psychopathology is also an ideal choice for those who intend in the future to combine science and clinical practice.
- optimal preparation to pursue a PhD degree in Clinical Psychology or a related field
- close interaction with senior researchers who are experts in their fields
- research internship and optional clinical internship here or abroad
- 2-year, full-time master's, taught in English
- starts in September, selective admission (maximum enrolment 20 new students each year)
- you’ll get an MSc in Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience
Ask a student!
Meet Jana: the student ambassador for Psychopathology.
On her Instagram account she shares her study experiences, moments of her life in Maastricht, and much more. Follow her to get a sneak peak of your possible future!
If you have questions about the programme and/or about (student) life in Maastricht, don't hesitate to get in touch with Jana through her Instagram page; she's happy to help you with your study choice, as previous student ambassadors helped her with hers.
Kickstart your career at our Master's Open Day
Experience Maastricht University: find out more about one of the most international universities in Europe, immerse yourself in your programme of choice, and explore our beautiful city.
Jana’s extra mile in health: “Conducting Borderline Personality Disorder Research”
Find out what it's like to live and study in Maastricht:
- a day in the life of a student
- this beautiful European city
- sports & outdoor activities