***Awarded 'Top Rated Programme' label, Keuzegids 2019***
Are you fascinated by the relationship between the brain and behaviour? Would you love to learn more about neuropsychiatric disorders like attention deficits, schizophrenia and dementia? Are you curious about how certain drugs can influence the processing of information in our brain? Then you should consider specialising in Neuropsychology. You’ll study both the cognitive and the emotional-affective aspects of human behaviour, and you’ll learn more about how behaviour can be influenced through food and medication. The programme also contains several courses that focus on improving your academic skills, such as writing papers and research proposals, providing you with an excellent basis for an academic career. But you will also have the opportunity to combine clinical and research internships, which means that positions in healthcare will also be open to you.
- optimal preparation to pursue a PhD degree in Neuropsychology or a related field
- close interaction with senior researchers who are experts in their fields
- research internship and optional clinical internship here or abroad
- 2-year, full-time master’s, taught in English
- starts in September, selective admission (maximum enrolment 24 new students each year)
- you’ll get an MSc in Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience
Ask a student!
Meet Riccarda: the student ambassador for Neuropsychology.
On her Instagram account she shares her study experiences, moments of her life in Maastricht, and much more. Follow her to get a sneak peak of your possible future!
If you have questions about the programme and/or about (student) life in Maastricht, don't hesitate to get in touch with Riccarda through her Instagram page; she's happy to help you with your study choice, as previous student ambassadors helped her with hers.
Jenny’s extra mile in health: “Become a specialist in the treatment and prevention of Alzheimer's and teach, collaborate and learn with and from people from around the globe”
Find out what it's like to live and study in Maastricht:
- a day in the life of a student
- this beautiful European city
- sports & outdoor activities