Drug Development and Neurohealth
***Awarded 'Top Rated Programme' label, Keuzegids 2019***
Which brain drugs does our society need most? Do drugs work the same in everyone? What makes someone vulnerable to brain diseases? What makes them receptive to drug effects? Can we predict drug effects in the brain? Can diet be as effective as drug treatment? How do we translate new R&D knowledge into a start-up company? Drug Development and Neurohealth provides a theoretical background and practical experience in pharmaceutical drug research & development, medicinal nutrition and personalised healthcare. You will interact with industry and regulatory agencies. The overarching theme is the pipeline of drug research & development from design of the molecule to its applications in healthcare settings.
- first multidisciplinary academic training in drug development and neurohealth: optimal preparation to pursue a PhD degree
- learn how ‘Big Data’ is reshaping the way drugs are being developed
- research internship in world-leading groups here and abroad
- 2-year, full-time master's, taught in English
- starts in September, selective admission (maximum enrolment 24 new students each year)
- you’ll get an MSc in Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience
Ask a student!
Meet Maite: the student ambassador for Drug Development and Neurohealth.
On her Instagram account she shares her study experiences, moments of her life in Maastricht, and much more. Follow her to get a sneak peak of your possible future!
If you have questions about the programme and/or about (student) life in Maastricht, don't hesitate to get in touch with Maite through her Instagram page; she's happy to help you with your study choice, as previous student ambassadors helped her with hers.
Jessica’s extra mile in health: “I want to research the use of psychedelics as a treatment option for psychiatric disorders”
Find out what it's like to live and study in Maastricht:
- a day in the life of a student
- this beautiful European city
- sports & outdoor activities