As a Sustainability, Science and Policy student, you'll learn to cope with sustainability challenges from an integrated perspective to support policy making. Upon graduation, you'll be a well-qualified, interdisciplinary professional in the field of sustainable development. The skills you’ll develop during this master's programme will make you capable of contributing to the pursuit of sustainable development in a constructive and critical way.
Sustainable Science and Policy graduates can look forward to a diverse and challenging career with plenty of job opportunities. In a recent study conducted by Maastricht University, different stakeholders active in sustainability policy making, such as the business community, non-governmental organisations, international scientific organisations and other institutions for higher education, indicated that they have a need for graduates in this field.
The MSc SSP programme will equip you with the knowledge, skills and competences that will enable you to find a position in governmental, non-governmental, or commercial organisations. You could pursue a career as a:
- policy maker
- sustainability coordinator
- analyst of strategic policies
- consultant in sustainability issues
Graduates have found positions as:
- Corporate Social Responsibility Consultant at Ernst & Young
- Junior Consultant at Green Trust Consultancy
- Project manager at The Europan Business Network for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR Europe)
- PhD Researcher at International Institute of Social Studies in Rotterdam