The Politics and Society programme does not just focus on one particular profession or on teaching you a single set of specialist skills and knowledge that can be applied directly in only one profession. As a graduate of this programme, you’ll have the knowledge and skills to analyse contemporary debates about culture and politics, and the academic skills to write about and discuss these topics. This will qualify you with many different professions.
From all Politics and Society graduates 90% is employed, 5% is working as a PhD Candidate and 5% is doing a second master elsewhere.
As a graduate from this programme you can look for work in:
- The media (e.g. Journalist)
- Think tanks
- Non-profit and social entrepreneurship organisations (e.g. Project manager)
- Local councils and national governments (e.g. Research assistant, Policy analyst)
- Lobbying and political activism (e.g. Project manager policital parties)
- Academia (e.g. Research positions)
Companies and institutes where our graduates work:
- Save the Children UK
- Province of Limburg
- D66, Dutch Democratic party
- Dutch Mine Museum
- Maastricht Municipality